Friday, September 25, 2009

Cube and Straw Stand




(final revision)


This assignment has two main parts to it. The first part was to construct a 4"x4"x4" cube with one open end, using white Bristol board, articulating the edges to aid assembly and design intent. The second part was to design an integral structure made from plastic drinking straws that positions the cube four inches above an eight inch square base.

The first structure that I made was triangular shaped and had the straws in a grid formation so that it would relate to the square tabs on my cube. After speaking with Tommy, I then revised my structure to better relate to the cube as a whole.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you showed your process and that you did more revisions design is a never ending process and something could always be changed to make it better!

    ReplyDelete